Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Funeral of Henry VII

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty Funeral of Henry VII to Mary Rose Tudor

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Poor Mary, she is so distraught. I kiss and hold her close.

"We will speak when we get back to Greenwich, I have suggested that the three of us have time to console each other in private. I would like to tell you how I feel sister but you are so sweet and trusting that I don't want to spoil your view of the world."

I put my arms around Mary and guide her towards the carriage.

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty Re: The Funeral of Henry VII

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 am

Margaret held me close and my head rests on her shoulders Margaret you look so beautiful today and I love your speech. Father would have been very proud of you and so with my mother. I wish you do not have to leave so soon if you can stay forever we all three lives here in England. Or perhaps I can come to Spain and you can show me all sites of your beautiful city you can show me your favorite spots. And reintroduced me to one of his friends King Hugo. Apparently one of the servants forged a letter to Henry thought that Hugo was single so he thought that I would like to come along. Henry and Hugo both found out the servant lied about the letter being from Hugo.. Thankfully all of the negotiations went well and we all came back to England

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty Margaret Tudor to Mary Rose Tudor

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:04 am

I look at my sweet, lovely sister and say:-

"Thank you for your kind words. I would love to stay but I have to return to Scotland and as I believe that I am now with child I must be settled at Stirling Castle or Linlithgoe. We will have time to catch up over the next few days though as James will want to speak to our brother I'm sure"

We make our way to the barges on the Thames that will take us back to Greenwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:15 am

Well Margaret congratulations I am so glad that I am to be an aunt to your child. I too wish that time could stand still, you know, back to our happiest days. I thank you for trying to console me. I needed your love. At first I told you about my feelings for Charles Brandon but although he said he would marry me I found he is with another and his heart belonged to her, then I went with Henry to Ireland. Henry had to do business there and the King wanted to meet me because he had seen a portrait of me and with all of the things that he was told about me from French he had to meet me. Henry believe that he was single. To our surprise that too was not true. One of his servants forged a letter sending it to Henry. And now the funeral of our dear father. I believe that Henry does not want me to be alone so another one of his dear friends Gustav., The king of Switzerland now we shall see how this will end but Margaret I don't think that I could take this anymore and that I should want to be alone always. But the part that makes me the happiest is seeing your beautiful face and hearing your most happiest news you should have a seat here on the bench and wait for Henry.

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty The Funeral of Henry VII to Henry VIII

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Dearest Mary,

You will be a sweet and kind aunt and my child will love you.

"I know how you must feel about the men you love having mistresses and whores hidden away. I discovered that King James has at least one mistress and has several bastard children that he wanted to have living with us and was very put out when I told him they must go. it does seem that men have the opportunity to behave just as they please and kings especially seem to believe that it is their god-given right to have many women at their beck and call."

"I think we have both been let down badly but I am sure that Harry must want us to be happy, after all he intends to marry for love so why shouldn't we be able to do so?"

I sit down on the bench alongside my sister

"Let's hope that Henry will come to sit and speak with us soon, I guess he is attending his simpering Katherine."

I think to myself that he is just like an excited puppy; I really believe that if she were particularly pleased with him he would probably roll over and kick his legs in the air.

Margaret

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty Funeral of Henry VII to Henry VIII

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:32 pm

"Father was a good king and very clever but he wasn't always liked. Our mother was his saviour as she was liked and respected. You are lucky because you are liked and you strong and athletic and you have the chance to show the people how you will rule in a different way sometimes"

"Let's go and speak with dear Mary"

I say as I wave towards where Mary is waiting for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Dearest Margaret,
I leaned over and give Margaret a hug and a kiss on her cheek.
Of course I shall love your child as my own for I love you . You are right the men in our lives has betrayed us and I am sorry to hear about your husband. And you're right I hope that Henry does find us wonderful husbands who do not find it necessary to find mistresses and will only love us alone. Henry has told me of a friend of his who is any kind King without a wife and he wishes to meet me as he has seen my portrait and found me easy to look upon. I just hope that Henry is right and that he is a good man.

Mary

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 3 Empty Funeral of Henry VII to Mary Rose Tudor

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:50 am

Dearest Mary,

I know Mary will not be pleased that I say harsh words about the future queen so I smile sweetly and change the subject to please her.

"Of course any man would look upon you and adore you as we all do and you are so sweet and kind that you deserve the best husband. I hope our brother is careful in choosing you a good and faithful man."

I put my hand on Mary's arm to usher her near to the gangplank of the royal barge and the servants step forward to take our hands and help us safely on board and we take our seats to make the short journey along the Thames.

"I hope we siblings can have some nice time together before we have to depart to our own destinies".

Margaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3