Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry's visit to his parents

Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty Henry's visit to his parents

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:51 pm

I am Queen Claude of France, consort to King Francois I of France.
We are currently holding court at the Louvre Palace.
I have invited our son Henry to visit and also Sir Hugh of Ireland for an audience with myself, as he wishes to marry a French lady and make an alliance with France.

Back to top Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty Re: Henry's visit to his parents

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 am

I had received an invitation from my mother to join them at the Louvre Palace and I had ridden with all haste to the palace and as I arrived I looked at the Palace guards.

"Please inform my mother that her son Prince Henri has arrived at her invitation. I say as I take my horse to the stables.

Back to top Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty HENRY'S VISIT TO HIS PARENTS

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 am

A servant hands a note to one of my ladies-in-waiting and as she approaches me I hope it is to tell me that my son Henri has arrived. I send a message to the King that he should meet us in a little while in the Reception Room once he has concluded business with his council.

I rush to Henri who is making a small bow to me before he allows me to hug him

It's so wonderful to see you my son, and we have a few important visitors arriving in a few days. Your father will join us as soon as he can but let's have some wine and I will tell you all about the lovely Catherine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:32 pm

I smile with delight seeing my mother and I hug her tightly too.

"Mother it is so nice to finally be back at court again for I have missed you a great deal. I trust that you are well mother?

What wine are we to have today as I do believe there was a new fine wine at court?

Back to top Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty HENRY'S VISIT TO HIS PARENTS

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:02 pm

I look at Henri and think how good he looks, and I don't want to spoil his visit by telling him how bad I am feeling recently.

I'm well my son and I feel all the better for having you here with us. The wine is good but you'll have to ask your father about the vinyard and grape variety.

I do hope that Henri likes his prospective new bride as he hasn't shown any interest in any other woman as a wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:29 pm

"The wine is good. When I see father I shall talk to him about the vineyards for we should have more of this. You know it pleases me when I hear you are well mother. How have things been at court?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:30 am

I am so pleased to have Henri here with us and with Catherine arriving any day now I am looking forward to the success of this visit.

And it pleases me to see you so well and you have grown so handsome, like your father. He will enjoy talking about the wines and the vineyards with you, he is very proud of his cellars. We have been busy preparing for the visit of the Medicis so we have been distracted but it's good that we are working together for this union.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

"Mother I must say you look most glamorous and I have to ask how many of the Medici Family are accompanying Catherine as I want to know what the best way to prepare for this visit should be?

Back to top Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty HENRY'S VISIT TO HIS PARENTS AND THE VISIT OF THE MEDICIS

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:17 am

Thank you for flattering me son, you always know how to get around me. I don't know exactly how many but the Medicis are quite a large and important family so I am guessing that there will be quite a few. I think you must ask for Catherine's favour when you compete in the sporting events, that will make them look favourably on you and of course you always look resplendent so I don't need to say anything about your attire except maybe something Italian possibly as a nod to their house?

Back to top Go down

Henry's visit to his parents Empty HENRY'S VISIT TO HIS PARENTS AND THE VISIT OF THE MEDICIS

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:29 pm

I so hope that Henri and Catherine will like each other as I want him to be happy although I know that he will do his duty and ask for her hand in marriage.

"You look so smart and handsome and I'm sure that Catherine will fall in love with you even though she is still so young just as you are. I believe that your father has had some Italian wine imported for their party"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:36 pm

"Mother I thank you for your praise towards me. I will do all I can to charm Catherine and do my duty to France as well. What is this wine you speak of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:13 pm

I look into my son's beautiful eyes and see signs of excitement but also intrepidation for the time ahead and I fear that he isn't ready for married life yet, let alone fatherhood and kingship.

You will sweep Catherine off her feet and I really hope that you like her and that you get on well. You know that it isn't a good idea to ask me about wine but I believe he mentioned Chianti and he also says that Italy is only second to France in wine production but I suggest that you don't say that in front of our visitors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:18 am

"Mother I did not know that our wine production exceeded that of Italy but do not worry mother I shall not mention it in front of them. How old do you know is Catherine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:14 pm

I know you will be diplomatic son. Catherine is 14 I believe so you will grow together and hopefully she will be humble and supportive to you as I have been to your father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:10 pm

I know you will be diplomatic son. Catherine is 14 I believe so you will grow together and hopefully she will be humble and supportive to you as I have been to your father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:28 am

"Mother I hope so to and I really do look forward to meeting her as it has been ever coming. I will support her any way I can to and try to make her happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:14 am

I look at my son who is so wise for his years.

I know you will do everything to the best of your ability and I am very proud of you for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:24 am

I smiled at my mother.

"Thank you mother it pleases me to hear that you are proud I just wish that father felt the same way for he never shows it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:30 pm

I look at my son, who shows some sadness as he feels that his father doesn't appreciate him.

I know your father doesn't show it but he is proud of you in his own way. I know him better than anyone but he doesn't see your sensitive side as I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:21 pm

My son is so hurt that his father doesn't pay him enough respect, Francois has a lot on his mind and I know he loves Henri.

Your father is very proud of you but he has a lot to deal with and he worries but I know that he loves you and relies on you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum