Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Funeral of Henry VII

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 2 Empty Re: The Funeral of Henry VII

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 pm

"Of course Catherine" I say as I signal for the bishop to approach.

"Catherine would like you to read this requiem for our late king please read it for us."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 am

The Bishop reads the psalm in the requiem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 am

I hand the requiem to the bishop and he bows before me and he goes up to the altar and reads out the words Catherine had prepared. Once he had finished I look at Catherine.

"Catherine my love that was a very lovely touch thank you."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 pm

I lower my eyes.

He was a strong and noble king. He should be remembered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 25, 2020 9:59 pm

"You are right Catherine my father united the houses that were at wore and now he can rest alongside my mother. Tonight will be a night to travel to the palace and preparations shall be made for our wedding Catherine."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 am

I smile at King Henry.

That would be perfect my Lord. I received word that my gown is ready for fitting so if any alterations are needed, they can be done in time for the ceremony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm

"We shall travel to Greenwich Catherine you can have your gown sent there with the seamstress for the fitting. I will meet with my council to discuss coronation too as I am now king.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 pm

I smile and lower my eyes.

Your Grace, that will suit me and my Spanish ladies well. I will be devoted to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat May 30, 2020 8:57 am

"I am pleased to hear of your devotion Catherine. Have you any word from Lady Pole yet as I know that we were supposed to meet?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2020 10:28 pm

She would like to meet when your Grace is ready. She has everything ready to leave the nunnery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 pm

"Excellent. Please send word to Lady Pole to come to court in a couple of days to Greenwich and I will see her there. I think you will like Greenwich and I must ask Catherine did you like the ceremony for my father?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:44 pm

i will write to her and request that she come to meet with your grace. It was a touching and moving ceremony Henry, I pray he is at peace now with his Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:42 pm

"You must inform me of what she says Catherine and when she plans to arrive. I wanted to make the ceremony the best I could for father and now he rests beside mother in his great tomb. Do you like the tomb?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 2 Empty From Margaret Tudor

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 am

I want to be respectful to father and greet Henry and Mary but I am seething inside.

I see Catherine of Arogant trying to pretend that she's already part of the family and that she's sad that father has passed away when she couldn't wait for this moment so she can get her hands on Henry. She did nothing but complain about father being mean to her.

I expect she will be fawning all over Henry later, telling him how brave and strong he's being and what a wonderful King he will be. She wanted to be Queen of England and she will marry anyone to get there. She even wanted to marry father after mother passed away and Henry thinks she cannot do a thing wrong.

I can see and hear her simpering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 am

As the ceremony for father finished I see my sister Margaret and I go over and do speak with her.

"Margaret I do hope that you liked the ceremony that was prepared for father as I wanted him to be remembered and now he can be with mother for I miss her dearly. Tell me sister will you remain here in England for my upcoming wedding and coronation too?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 pm

I walked up to Henry and Margaret. The look on their faces was quite serious so I asked Henry I must say that the funeral went off without a hitch. Even father would have been happy with what you have done with it. We all have missed them both so much. And Henry you have told me of your wedding to Catherine and that there will be a coordination soon. I hope that it will be a lovely affair so soon after father's funeral. Perhaps there will be rivery and that will be a good thing to have brighten up the festivities tonight and lift the mood some . I give them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:43 pm

I look at my younger sister Mary.

"I am pleased to hear that you liked the funeral ceremony Mary for I wanted to give father a good farewell. There will be a coronation soon and my wedding too there are many things to prepare for and I must be ready to become King of England.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:59 pm

I discreetly watch Henry talk with his sisters. Mary is a pious with a beautiful soul. Margaret on thy other hand; I need to watch. I am given thy impression she believes I should have been sent home when my dear Arthur passed from this world. I hope she leaves for Scotland soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:10 pm

As Henry, Margaret and I were talking quietly I glanced over to see Katherine looking in our direction. I thought what she must be thinking about the family and the marriage she is about to be in. When I saw her I waved and smiled and she returned in kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:25 pm

I arise to take my leave of the funeral ceremony. Everyone seems to be making their leave and thy royal family are now by thy entrance hall again. Mary, sister to Henry smiles and waves to me. I await my Prince from afar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:31 pm

I smile towards my sister as we all head for the doors and as I pass all drop into curtsies and bows and I meet Katherine at the door and head with her to the carriage to take us to Greenwich.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 2 Empty Margaret Tudor

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 pm

I see Henry walking towards us and I tell him:-

"You did father proud and in my eyes you are already a great King. Will we have time to speak together privately with Mary when we get back to Greenwich or do you have other plans?"

I go to speak to Mary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 pm

I see Margaret come towards me and I held her tight and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Tears rolling from my eyes and Margaret console me. I miss you Margaret I hope that you would like to stay a little longer. You can tell me all about Spain, I hope to visit you Why do you look Margaret so? Don't you like her? I will not say anything to Henry about what we say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:51 pm

I look at my sisters and I smile at them.

"I thank you Margaret for your kind words and I do hope that I will be a good king for I will try to follow father well. We may of course when we reach Greenwich talk in private sister.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII - Page 2 Empty The Funeral of Henry VII to Henry VIII

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:14 pm

I dearly want to go back to the days when Henry and I danced at court before Mary was old enough to join in and before Katherine of Arogant arrived but I don't want to say anything to offend Henry today of all days.

"We will talk later when we have had a chance to change clothes and wind down after the solemness of the service. Mary needs me so I should go and console her now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next