Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Funeral of Henry VII

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII Empty The Funeral of Henry VII

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 17, 2020 11:57 am

The Funeral of Henry VII Downlo57
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

The Funeral of Henry VII Empty Re: The Funeral of Henry VII

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2020 1:35 pm

I emerge from the barge and after a short walk I arrive and stare in awe at the magnificence that is Westminster abbey. There are many nobles congregating outside. The sun is warm on my face and I believe it will be a prosperous summer. I am wearing a dress of navy blue with a headdress to match with a delicate lace veil to preserve modesty and mourning for the deceased king. It was hastily made whilst my belongings were being packed and is a fine and rich velvet. A few pearls are sewn into the material.
As I gaze towards the mourners, I see a tall and robust figure in the distance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 17, 2020 10:05 pm

I had arrived at Westminster Abbey for the funeral of my beloved father. I arrived and i was accompanied by my sister's Margaret and Mary and my lady Grandmother Margaret Beaufort was also there but she herself had begun to look frail.

I had chosen to wear the traditional mourning colours of England and as I stood there outside the Abbey I began to think of the future that was before me as the whole kingdom would soon be on my shoulders.

As we stood outside waiting soon I small a small group of ladies arrive and I could see at their head was Katherine my wife to be and it pleased me to see that she had accepted my invitation to come and finally meet her personally.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2020 12:55 pm

I see the new King in the distance. There is no mistaking him, he is the tallest among the nobles and the most handsome. I motion for my ladies to follow me as I slowly but gracefully walk towards the Abbey and my future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 pm

I stood b y the Abbey door beside my sister and I see Catherine approach and as she arrives she drops me a curtsy and I kiss her hand.

"Catherine I am so glad that you have made it here to the Abbey. May i present to you my sisters Mary and Margaret and it is nice to finally see you for it has been too long.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2020 6:48 am

I stood before the Abbey standing between Henry and Margaret. I see a lady coming towards us with many of her ladies in waiting standing behind her. She walked with such grace she almost looked as if her feet didn't touch the ground. When she came closer she was introduced as Catherine. And Henry introduced me and Margaret to her. When Henry presented me to her I came forward and curtsey saying it is nice to make your acquaintance then I stepped back beside Henry and Margaret..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 pm

I await Catherine's permission to receive me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 pm

My heart flutters at the touch of the new Kings lips on my hand and I am most happy that I waited so long for this and by God's grace and my determination i am to be Queen again.
King Henry introduces his sisters Margaret and Mary and Mary speaks a little and I smile warmly at her. My good friend and handmaiden whom has stood by me through it all, Maria de Salinas is waiting to be introduced.

My King and royal family, this is Maria de Salinas. She came with me from Aragon many years ago and refused to leave my side since.

I curtsey again and Maria steps forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 pm

I look at the young lady who had accompanied Catherine to the Abbey and then I speak.

"Lady Salinas may I welcome you to England and it is rumoured that you serve Catherine very well" I say to her as I then look at Catherine.

"Come Catherine let us go inside and sit down before the procession arrives for the funeral of father. That gown you wear is it a Spanish style for I have not seen that design in England before?" I say to her as I take her hand and then nod my head to the guards to open the doors to the Abbey and we begin to walk in.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 am

As the doors to The Abbey open Henry took Catherine's arm and lead her into the Abbey. Margaret and I followed behind them and Lady de Salinas followed behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed May 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Taking the arm of my soon to be bride we enter the Abbey and headed for the far end of the row near the altar where the ceremony was to take place.

I sat at the very front with Catherine and her ladies to my left and my sisters Mary and Margaret sat on my right hand side and we now all waited for the arrival of my father's coffin.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 pm

Just getting ready for my father's funeral
a tear fell from my eyes thinking about my dear mother's funeral. Trembling I held both Henry and Margaret hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu May 21, 2020 6:39 am

I see my sister Mary crying as this was indeed a sad day for us but I offer her a comforting hug and then I speak to her.

"Mary it is okay I know this is a sad day and just like you I miss mother a great deal too but I am here sister and so is Margaret we will remember him together. Be strong sister."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 6:50 am

I am comforted by Henry's kind words and a loving hug thank you Henry I needed to hear that. Now I won't feel out of place as not princess like if I cry for father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 9:43 am

I stand gracefully and solemnly with my lord husband to be arm in mine as thy coffin of Henry Tudor is brought into thy Chapel. I hear thy Princesses crying but I am polite and quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 am

I await for the funeral procession to start, I hide amongst the crowd with my youngest son Gregory and stay silent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 pm

I look at my sister Mary and comfort her.

"You are welcome Mary and don't worry I will always be here to comfort you." I say as the doors to the Abbey opens and the coffin is bought in. We all stand and I hold Catherine's hand as the coffin is bought down the aisle and placed on the altar. The ceremony was about to begin and we all took a seat once more. I smiled at Catherine.

"I am so glad you are here Catherine and that you feel happy too. Thank you. Father is to be buried in the tomb he arranged next to mother that is it over there." I say showing her a beautiful pure gold tomb where my mother lay.

The Funeral of Henry VII Moray60
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 11:47 pm

I continued to cry thinking about mother but was comforted at the knowledge that they will be together now head lowered I whispered: goodbye mother and father you are both at peace now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 am

I look sideways at King Henry.

I am gladdened that I arrived here in time for you and your sisters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 pm

I turn my head slightly towards Catherine.

"I am glad that you agreed to come here to Catherine. Father shall be laid to rest with mother and now I have just been declared King of England. I wish for you to return with us after the ceremony to Whitehall as our betrothal will take place soon as well as my coronation and you will be the Queen of England. I hope this does not displease you Catherine?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am

I lean in closer towards King Henry.

It pleases me much your Grace, we have been waiting many years for our marriage and Dynasty. I will be a faithful wife and Queen for you and the kingdom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 am

"It pleases me too hear that you will be faithful and loyal to me as well as being my wife and Queen. Did you have a requiem for today Catherine?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 pm

I lower my head.

I thought just a short psalm. John 3:16 Would that be appropriate Harry?

(For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life).

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat May 23, 2020 10:25 pm

I listen to her as she spoke then I raised my head and spoke.

"Yes that is okay Catherine he would have liked that to and do you wish for the bishop to read your psalm at the altar?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 pm

I incline my head.

I would like that the Bishop read it yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next