Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:56 am

The marriage of King James V of Scotland and Marie de Guise will take place in a few days on the 16th day of June in the year of our Lord 1538 in St Andrews Cathedral, Fife.
Word had been sent ahead about the wedding and the guests have been arriving in readiness for the occasion.
Marie de Guise has been in Scotland for a few days and will arrive at the cathedral presently with her ladies-in-waiting.
James, King of Scots is arriving now to greet some of the guests prior to his bride's entrance.
The weather is wonderful and everyone is excited for the union.

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Re: Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:35 am

I am glad that the marriage of King James V will continue. It makes my heart happy to see that the both of them will be a perfect match. Henry has helped me finding someone who is perfect for James. And I am happy that Margaret is pleased with the match. If there is anything I can help you with just let me know and I will try to help you. I hope that we could be friends as Margaret is dearest to me. All the best for you and James
Mary

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Marriage of James V and Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:46 pm

Thank you for your good wishes Mary, I am pleased that my mother-in-law, Dowager Queen Margaret is happy with me as James' intended and of course we will be good friends. I will be pleased to see you at the reception.

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Re: Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Marie de Guise
I am so happy that Margaret is pleased with you to be her son's wife. Your future wife to James will give me joy. Be good to him for he is a good young man. I hope that I am able see you at the reception and maybe you can meet my beloved Gustav.. may your weeding be happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:39 pm

I arrived into the cathedral ahead of my wedding and as I entered I inspected the layout as it needed to be perfect. I walked over to one side and began talking with the guests as I waited for my bride to be to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty MARRIAGE OF JAMES V AND MARIE DE GUISE

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 pm

I am standing in front of the long glass looking at myself as my ladies are fussing around me making sure that my dress, hair and shoes look perfect for my wedding. They are giggling and gossiping about King James because they have never seen anyone like him before and they think that he is handsome and athletic but a bit funny too.

I think about my late husband Louis and my young son back in France and then I think to my new husband and the union that is ahead of me. I think that James is a good man and may allow me to have my son brought to me later.

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty MARRIAGE OF JAMES V AND MARIE DE GUISE

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 pm

I am pleased that Marie accepted James' proposal and I think that they will make a good match.

Francois and Henri must attend on France's behalf to wish them well and observe proceedings.

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Marriage of James V and Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:04 am

I arrive at St Andrews Cathedral, along with my father and our entourage and were shown to our places, which were very prominent and only second to the bride and groom's parents. I see aunt Margaret out of the corner of my eye and give her a little wave and smile.

Look father there's aunt Margaret, do we have time to say hello before the arrival of the bride? We must say hello to King James, my cousin, he's over there.

I point to James who is talking to some guests in one of the aisles and think how handsome he is still. I look at my father but he has a very disgruntled look on his face and I decide to speak to them after the service before they all go back to Edinburgh Castle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Henry I am glad to see all of you here and I know that Margaret is happy Everything looks marvellous. Henry,. Mary is true beauty..
I called out to Margaret and give her a hug kisses her cheek. Margaret this is my dearest Gustav. Gustav this is my oldest sister, her son James and his intended Marie de Guise. You are look amazing and I hope that I will be a most beautiful bride and in a cathedral that is stunning But no matter or where the marriage is will be amazing. I look around and I hold Gustav's hand. softly

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 pm

I arrive at the cathedral for the wedding and even though I did not like Scotland I wanted to please my nephew and sister by attending. I smiled seeing my sister Mary really happy and Margaret appeared to be in good health too. I go over to my daughter Mary.

"Mary I am so glad that you decided to accompany me to this marriage I hope it will be a good ceremony.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:28 pm

I believe that it will be a good ceremony they are both good people even if you don't like where they live. It says a lot about you and that you put things aside to be here for your sister. I appreciate this more than I can say thank you very much Henry. Kiss Henry on the cheek

Back to top Go down

Wedding of King James V to Marie de Guise Empty Marriage of James V to Marie de Guise

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:28 am

I am pleased that father and I decided to attend the wedding of my cousin James and I hope it will help to bring our family back together as well as heal some of the divide between England and Scotland.

I am glad that we decided to come and I hope that my aunt and cousin know that we are doing everything to keep the peace and heal things with the family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:50 pm

I stand in awe of of the beauty of this cathedral.
Henry have you seen Gustav I would like for him to be with us as we enter the cathedral , to be next to me. I have already introduced him to Margaret, James and Marie De Guise. It would be a nice for us to be together for this important occasion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 am

I look at my sister and I had come for Margaret as I know she would want this even though I was not happy being here.

"Dear sister indeed it is a great occasion here and it has been a while to since you last saw my daughter Mary too who is here now. Regarding Gustav he is on his way there was just a small delay on his journey but nothing to worry about sister.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:21 am

I had travelled from France to attend the wedding of Marie and James in Scotland and I was announced as I entered the cathedral.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:26 am

I had just arrived at the Cathedral in Scotland to attend the marriage of Marie to James after I had given her my blessing to marry and my son had gone ahead and already arrived and as I approached the guards opened the doors to the cathedral and announced my arrival.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:30 pm

I look around at all the splendour of the occasion and I see the King and Dauphin of France arriving, looking very handsome and giving off an air of importance because they think they have won this battle over England.

I am not going to let it spoil the occasion so I nod my head to them both. I then turn to aunt Mary You look so well and happy, where is your Gustav, I am looking forward to meeting him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:02 pm

As I arrive at the Cathedral I see all the wellwishers outside waving and cheering and I feel so nervous about saying my vows to James in front of all the people, Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Nobles and all the families of important Scottish families. I look around at the magnificence of it all and I believe that my future husband and mother-in-law must have gone to a lot of work to make it all so wonderful for us.

I nod and smile to faces that I recognize as I walk slowly up the aisle to organ music. I think back to my first wedding and how different this is and hope that I can be a good queen consort to James and I hope that the people will like me.

Scotland is such a contrast to France but it is my home now so I will make an effort to enjoy all the new customs and the people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:22 pm

My husband and son have gone to attend the marriage of James V of Scotland Marie de Guise. We are very pleased about the union and it will certainly help French/Scottish relations.

I just hope that nothing goes off between Francois and King Henry of England because things are still very volatile between them and Henry wanted to marry Marie too and lost out on this occasion but even King Henry cannot marry every woman in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:48 pm

I am so pleased with our choice of Marie as wife for James and I think we will benefit from maintaining the "Auld Alliance" with France.

I see all the royal guests taking their places in the cathedral and my son is making time to speak to as many of them as possible before his future bride arrives.

I go to speak to my brother Henry I'm so glad you came and I see our sister is with you as well as your daughter Mary, it will please James too, have you spoken to him yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:26 am

I look at my sister Margaret.

"I have not as of yet spoken with James but I am sure that soon the time will come that I finally meet him and yes my daughter is here along with our dear sister too Margaret. I accepted the invitation to show my respect.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Natalia Olegovna likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:39 am

I walked up to Margaret with a smile.
Margaret I am so glad that the wedding between James and Marie are going to be a grand wedding. I am so glad that Henry decided to come along with me to celebrate the marriage and to come to see you my dear sister. I believe that Marie will make a fine wife and a dear daughter-in-law. May you all be very happy together. I kissed her too and gave her a hug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 pm

I stand at the altar so to marry his majesty to his second wife the widow of
Louis II d'Orléans, Duke of Longueville

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 am

I kiss my brother Henry, my sister Mary and my niece Mary.

I am so pleased that you have all come to celebrate my son's marriage. I think Marie will make a wonderful wife for him and he will be so pleased that you have come to wish them well.

I turn to see the ceremony is about to commence so we must all take our seats now. I hope they will stay afterwards but my brother does not look in the best of moods and I wouldn't want James' and Marie's day to be spoilt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 am

As I walk down the aisle I see Cardinal David Beaton looking towards us and then my future husband James turns around to see me approaching.

I reach the altar and James smiles at me and we kneel in front of the man who is officiating our marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next