Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake in the Woods

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lake in the Woods Empty Lake in the Woods

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 pm

I had arrived at the lake with my sister Mary after our ride together and I dismounted my horse and found a nice spot by the lake.

"Sister we have had a long ride shall we rest here for a while and talk?"
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Lake in the Woods Empty Re: Lake in the Woods

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2020 9:16 pm

I dismounted from my horse next Henry's
Henry this is a beautiful place. I did not even know this part of the grounds existed. Shall we go over find the tree and sit so we should have shade as we talked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 17, 2020 10:07 pm

"yes Mary this parts of the grounds are private to the royals only and yes what a brilliant idea let us go over to those trees and sit down in the shade for today is a very warm day.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 am

We found the perfect spot undo it huge tree. I began to sit down and I fix my dress for modesty: So dear Henry that ride was wonderful as usual his speed was just like I was little. Did you want to talk first and then going our walk. You seem quiet can you look and see if there is something perplexing you. Is there something that I can help you with. You know and I will do almost anything for you to make you happy. I gently touches his cheek I placed my hand in his. We could just enjoy the sunshine and each other's company we have not done that in a while please give me a smile brother, you have a beautiful smile and it shall make the day brighter. So what can I do to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 pm

I look at my sister then i do smile.

"I do have something that troubles me sister. It is regarding Margaret and Scotland and I have been trying to find a way to make her happy for as I am sure you are aware that whilst I was away the Scottish king tried to invade England. I just worry about what I should do next for Margaret for I do not wish to upset her but I need a strong marriage for her. What do you think?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2020 6:20 am

Still holding Henry's hands perhaps an ambassador can you go to Spain and talk for peace. Margaret's marriage is strong I believe and I don't think that another marriage can be struck. I don't know about these things, how to keep the peace amongst countries it appears that the Scottish King does not mind invading a country they do business with. I wish there was something that I can do that would make both countries happy and help you and Margaret be happy. Maybe you can tell me your ideas and we can discuss the pros and cons of each idea. What was your first thought about the situation. Henry, is that all that is on your mind I hold his hand tighter and smile at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue May 19, 2020 10:10 pm

"Mary you do always know how to make me feel happy when you are with me. It has been just a short time since James attacked us and I thought that the alliance was secure with Margaret marrying him but it appears she was not able to control him very well. I am of course more angry at her for this but she is our sister after all. What do you think Mary if I told Margaret to remain in Scotland for if she was to travel to England I do feel the English nobles would not be welcoming towards her and there are already rumours she is getting ready to wed again. I say whilst looking at her.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 3:24 am

I looked at Henry in disbelief Henry you should not be angry with Margaret for what her husband does. Even if she tried to sway him from invading England he would not have listened to her because she is his wife and his queen. She could not go against him even if she wanted to. Would you ask me about matters of state. Or take your Queen's advise. I have not heard of another marriage for Margaret. I don't know how to help you. If I was a man I would go to Spain and speak to the king and negotiate peace but I am only your sister. What would you suggest? looking closely at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed May 20, 2020 10:15 pm

I listened to my sister's kind and caring words.

"You are right Mary I should not be angry with Margaret for it is not her that has done any wrong her husband had other ambitions which he did not seek council for and now he has paid the price.

If I was to discuss matters of state I would not be like the Scots I would seek advice from those I trust and my wife too for she should have a say if it concerns England. You have helped me a great deal sister thank you.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 6:43 am

I smiled at Henry: I am glad that I help you but I'm not quite sure about how I helped you. This is a very beautiful spot dear brother and I'm glad that you picked it out for us to talk. Do you wish to stay under the tree and continue to talk. We can talk about other things if you like. I am always glad that you can come to me and ask me anyting. Or we can just chat like we used to. Henry it is strange I am a young lady and I would like to talk to you as such but sometimes I want to bring back how we used to be as children. That is not fair to you, now you are my King and I should treat you as such. So if it anytime you feel that I have overstepped my bounds would you take me aside and tell me what you wish of me as your subject and sister. I don't want to just please you is your sister I want to please you as a loyal subject. I continue to smile and Henry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu May 21, 2020 10:16 pm

"My dear sister there is no rush for us to head back to the palace as you say this is a pleasant spot let us stay here a bit longer and tell how was it when you first arrived at the French court? Was it very different from my court?"
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Surprised that Henry asked about the French Court I said to him: The ceilings are high you can barely see the paintings that were about them. There were gold statues all around. So much space to dance. Louis sat on his throne adorned with gold. He sat there watching me and I looked at him and curtseyed and blew him a kiss. The people there were surprised at how cordial an English princess was. He called me "his nymph from heaven"
he told me he had never seen anyone as beautiful as I am" I dance the night away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 pm

I listened and then I imagined the court.

"The French Court sounds very glamorous sister and they must be very beautiful on the inside too very different to our English Palaces are I am sure.

You are indeed very beautiful sister and I am glad that Louis welcomed you to France as his bride. Now sister shall we ride on you know to our favourite house in the woods for our private dinner for there is new news I have for you.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 11:55 pm

I stood up and wipe my self off. I climbed upon my horse and I raced Henry to our favorite house to have our private dinner. I wonder what is the news he wants to talk with me about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 pm

I mounted my horse and followed my sister through the open field to the house we stayed at and I loved seeing the way she rode her horse. I ride hard and catch up with her.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2020 10:24 pm

As I began to ride I realized that I am home, in England just how happy I am, riding my horse. The air flowing in my face and the feel of my horse underneath me makes me feel comfortable in that I am alive and where I should be, I am in England racing with my dear brother as we used to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 25, 2020 11:37 am

I enjoyed the little ride me and Mary were having and I was so pleased to see her back home to and we arrive at the small house for our dinner.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 pm

The day was memorable our talks, the scenery was all beautiful. Finally we mounted horses and we started towards the small home. Henry was so happy to be here he could not contain himself so he he put his hands over my eyes lead me into you this small house. I can smell the delicious dinner that permeated the home. And when he removed his hands I saw the most splendid dinner that I could imagine that was just for the two of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Mon May 25, 2020 9:57 pm

I led my beloved sister into the house as I had sent words to the cooks ahead to go and prepare it for our arrival.

"I had the cooks prepare this wonderful feast for us sister. I do hope that you are hungry what do you think?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2020 10:18 pm

After that ride I am so hungry I can't wait to eat. Your hand over my eyes for your surprise but all I can do is smell the goodness. And you said that you had a new surprise for me so I cannot wait to hear about that as well. You're full of surprises Henry I said to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Tue May 26, 2020 1:25 pm

"You know I always like to surprise you sister now it has been a long morning let us eat sister then I will show you a little surprise."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Amazing Henry you really know how to impress someone. I was not looking for all of this and it all smells very good what should we try first. You had them fix all of my favorites wonderful. Thank you Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed May 27, 2020 10:22 pm

I smile at my sister as we sit down for lunch.

"You may try whatever you want sister as you like them all and I even prepared your favourite wine you said you had in France too. Please enjoy Mary."
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2020 3:40 am

I looked at everything and smiled at Henry and said: Wow Henry, you thought of everything I and all looks delicious. as I took a sip of wine Oh I wanted to let you know that I heard from Phillip and he thinks the painting was beautiful and he is going to put it in a special spot to be seen by everyone,. I see our horses have found their own place to picnic and they seem to be enjoying themselves, what's wrong, you seem to have a strange look on your face is there's something you thinking deeply about. I know that you have a lot on your mind but let us enjoy our meal and before we go in we will discuss whatever it's on your mind shall that be a promise. Everything is wonderful at this moment and I don't want to spoil it until it has to be taken care of. Perhaps what we do not eat that is good we could give away to someone who is hungry and needed more than we can take. That way we are not throwing away something that is good, Promise?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Fri May 29, 2020 6:29 am

I looked at my sister whilst having some bread.

"I am glad that you like the food sister and the horses do indeed like where they are too and they are being well looked after. When did Phillip receive the portrait in France? It does please me to see he likes it a great deal too.

I can assure you sister nothing is troubling me at this time I just want us to have a happy meal together and I promise if there are any left overs you can of course donate them to the poor who have little as I know that will make you happy.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next