Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Christmas Banquet

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Christmas Banquet Empty The Christmas Banquet

Post by Henry VIII Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:14 pm

The time of year had come to prepare for the Christmas banquet and the cooks at Whitehall had prepared a wonderful feast for me and the court.

The Christmas Banquet Tudor-Christmas-table-image-880x440px
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Banquet Empty Re: The Christmas Banquet

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 pm

I await by the grand doors with King Henry VIII, we are to begin our Christmastide feast and I may have some news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:39 am

I stand beside Henry, his daughter Mary and Katherine as we enter the Christmastide celebrations The food was laid out and sitting arranged beautifully. Henry, I wonder what your secret is that he may tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 am

I arrived at the Christmas banquet and I stood alongside my sister and daughter and also beside Katherine as the three of us did wait for the rest of the court to arrive before the feast could begin.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:52 am

Everyone will be here and it will be a glorious sight to see. I hope to see Gustav here so that he may partake in our Christmas celebrations. The tree is amazing as it reached the top of the ballroom. I wonder what the entertainment would be Hoping to have a dance with my dear brother Henry as well as my intended husband, Gustav..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:25 am

I wanted to see what it was like at the English court at Christmas time and so I came down to the banquet where I met with my bride to be at the door the young Princess Mary and I curtsied before his majesty King Henry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm

As everyone was enjoying the celebration I turned and Gustav was at the ballroom entrance there I saw Gustav. He looks quite handsome seeing all who was in attendance enjoying themselves. He turned and he saw me so I excused myself from the table and headed towards him. I'm softly smiled and Henry also came before the door of the ballroom Harry looked his royal best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:02 am

I smiled as my bride to be approached me and I kissed her hand as she arrived.

"You look most splendid Princess and I hope to be able to spend time with you should your brother allow it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:23 pm

I blushed and cutsey
Thank you my soon to be my king. I will love to accept our time together. I would like it very much. May I take a walk with my soon to be husband l smiled softly to Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:37 am

I smile at my sister.

"Yes Mary of course you may walk with him.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:55 pm

I smile and Henry and then nervously I smiled at Gustav.
Don't you think the celebration is going well so far. We have dancing and the food is delicious. Perhaps you would not mind to have a dance with me. My little niece Mary she had asked about you earlier and today. She was excited to meet you and my sister was as well. I do not want to make you nervous but they are quite excited to meet you amongst my sisters. But do not worry they are quite kind and plus I will be there to protect you from them. A smile went on my face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Anne loved Christmas at Court. She enjoyed it even more so when the Banquet was arranged for the Court. Walking into the Great Hall, she marveled at the grand decorations. As the music played, Anne lifted a goblet of wine before standing on the sidelines and watching the people dance. Out of the corner of the eye, she spotted a familiar face. Walking over she curtsied "Princess Mary. I wish you a wonderful and blessed Christmastide. I trust you fare well?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:17 am

I smile at Mary as she seemed so kind.

"I would be delighted to dance with you Mary and can I suggest to begin with that I do not meet all of your family at once as I am still getting used to this country for it is the first time I have been away from Sweden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm

I whispered softly to Henry,
Don't you think that Mary and Gustav look exquisite as they dance together. The ballroom is beautiful. Would you like to come with me and dance. I love to dance with you. Katherine is beautiful tonight. . I am so happy that it is Christmastide. Everything is bright and the music is exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:51 pm

I watch everyone at the celebration. Everyone is happy and content. It seems they are adore their new young handsome king. I watch the nobles dancing and look towards Henry. Will he dance with me? I wonder if he will ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:07 pm

I come to stand beside Katherine. You look as if you are in deep thoughts. Don't you think that everything is beautiful. I had to say that you look exquisite tonight. I hope that you will get a dance with whoever you choose. This is a celebration for you and you deserve to be treated as such. Come Katherine let us at least start to dance and perhaps because we dance others will join in as well. I take her hand and lead her to the dance floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:05 pm

I rise as I see my sister walking Katherine to the dancefloor and I stop by her and take Katherine's hand.

"Shall we dance Katherine?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:31 am

I looked at Katherine as she lit up when Henry took her hand to dance. I knew that she would be so happy to have her king and husband dance with her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:19 pm

I see the King and Queen dancing and that is when I look at Mary.

"May we dance Mary?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:18 am

I take his hand and I stand before him. I look into his eyes and I brightly smile. Yes I would love to dance with you.

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Banquet Empty Christmas Banquet and Dance

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:20 pm

I look around at everyone enjoying themselves and I see my mother and father leading the dancing, followed by my aunt Mary and her Gustav.
My friend Anne Bassett is here and I see that she is on her own too.

Come along Anne let's dance together then maybe some of the men will get the message that we want to dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 am

I look over and I see Anne Bassett and Mary dancing as her father and mother by dancing together I smile. . Gustav I am glad we are together I have not had the chance to speak to you Henry about us going to Sweden together but after thie festivities I will ask Henry about her accompanying you and praying as husband and wife.

Back to top Go down

The Christmas Banquet Empty Christmas Banquet and Dance

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:42 pm

I marvel at all the lovely food and decorations. The chefs have really excelled themselves this year and I greet my father the king.

Father you have indeed arranged everything so well and I know that mother will have worked very hard to make all this happen for us.

I kiss him on the cheek and make a pact with him to dance with me after he has danced the first dance with mother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:14 am

I smile at my daughter.

"I thought you would like all of this Mary and yes after I have danced with your mother of course we may dance.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:18 am

I look at Mary.

"I would like that Mary for us to be able to travel to Sweden together. It is so beautiful this time of the year with the snow setting over the hills and the nature growing too. I think you will love it there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum