Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dining Room

Go down

Dining Room Empty Dining Room

Post by Henry VIII Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:07 am

I had arrived at Dover Castle where I was meeting my new bride Anne of Cleves and what she did not know was that I had sent word ahead to the servants to prepare a feast for us and I was arriving and had sent word for Lady Anne to meet me in the dining hall.

Dining Room Downlo95
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Dining Room Empty Feast

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:44 pm

I will make my way to the Dining Hall as summoned by King Henry.

I wonder what the king has in store for me.

Back to top Go down

Dining Room Empty Re: Dining Room

Post by Henry VIII Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 am

I awaited the arrival of Anne in the Dining Hall and I hoped she would like what I had prepared.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 am

As I make my way to the Dining Hall to meet King Henry I worry that I have not had sufficient time to learn English Etiquette and manners and it seems that there is something called Chivalry that I am unfamiliar with.

But the king has gone to so much trouble to make me feel welcome that I must try to relax and enjoy this experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:49 pm

I see the doors to the hall open and in walked Anne of Cleves and I waited for her patiently at the table to meet her properly.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dining Room Empty FEAST

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:36 pm

I step into the Dining Hall where King Henry is standing beside a table laden with sumptuous food and fancies.

I make a deep curtsey to Henry and wait for him to come and take my hand to make me rise and stand before him.

You honour me with all this decadence your grace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:52 pm

I take Anne's hand and lead her to the table.

"You deserve this Anne for I wanted to show you some of the fine delicacies that we have to offer. How do you find England?
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dining Room Empty FEAST

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:13 pm

I am impressed with everything so far and Henry is doing his best to make me welcome.

It is all wonderful, I thank you for making me so welcome to your country and I think England is lovely what I have seen of it so far my lord.

I know that I still have lots to learn but I want to believe that my future husband will be here to support and encourage me

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:29 pm

"Lady Anne I am pleased to hear that England does impress you and I hope that you feel welcome. I know we are at Dover currently but tomorrow after you have rested from your long tiring journey I would imagine? London has many great palaces and when we are married they will be yours as well as my own Anne.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dining Room Empty DINING ROOM

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 pm

Henry is being very chivalrous and thoughtful and it's lovely to be here but I am very hesitant about what is to come and I don't feel so very attracted to him as I thought that I would. I have heard of this tall, athletic and handsome man but that isn't what I see in person.

You honour me your majesty and you are so kind and thoughtful towards me and my ladies and servants. I hope that your subjects approve of me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:28 am

"Lady Anne tomorrow we shall travel to the court at Whitehall where I shall present you to all of the court and soon they will meet their soon to be Queen. I said to her but inside of me I could not believe what Cromwell had arrange with this woman who was not even attractive.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down