Tudor Court of Henry viii.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535.

Go down

Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535. Empty Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535.

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 pm

The summer’s humidity has descended upon Wolf Hall: I tend to spend my days in the shade of the large tree of the garden, reading my prayer book and watching the pilgrims descend upon Hailes Abbey. I left court recently to attend the wedding of my brother to his second wife, Anne-she is kindly and protective, and I prefer her company over that of my brother, Tom, who teases me.

Elizabeth, my younger sister, is also home: her husband recently passed away, and she has brought her adorable son, Henry, to my parents’ estate. He is only about a year old, and he has the most beautiful golden curls upon his little head. Elizabeth is also pregnant, and we cannot wait to see if she has a little boy or girl. Sometimes I wonder if the child’s sex is chosen by God at the beginning, or later. Nevertheless, I am excited.

My mother has told me to spend more time out of doors, as my complexion is too pale, and she has heard of how the men at court tease me for being so pasty and mild. And so, I’ve often been in the garden, trying to remedy my short-coming. People can be so hurtful and yet be so unaware. However, I still pray for them, along with Their Majesties, and my family.

A rider approaches the house. It is my brother Edward! He speaks to my mother, and I see Dorothy, my youngest sister, run towards me. She whispers the news in my ear: The King will be coming to Wolf Hall next month!

https://servimg.com/view/19476001/282Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535. 25e22111

Back to top Go down

Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535. Empty Re: Wolf Hall's Gardens: Summer, 1535.

Post by Henry VIII Thu May 21, 2020 6:36 am

I had decided to visit Wolfhall on the summer progress at court and I was to visit my good friends the Seymours whilst on the route to the estate. I wrote a letter a messenger was to deliver about my time of arrival and who would be coming.

I was to bring my wife Anne as well who always accompanied me on my summer progress and there was I was hoping to be great feasts and also the occasional hunt. It had been a while since I had last seen John Seymour and his family and we were close friends.

I had also written that I would only be accompanied by my wife and would be arriving within weeks and that preparations should be made.
Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 408

Natalia Olegovna likes this post

Back to top Go down