Royal Chapel

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Royal Chapel

Post by Henry VIII on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 pm

I listen to my sister.
"Sister we had no say in the accommodation we have been given here and Anne did not say anything about what chambers we were given Margaret.
I was starting to get angry at her accusations.
"If it pleases you sister then i shall speak with Anne but it could only be after the feast as now there is no time
Henry VIII

Male Posts : 407

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by James Stuart on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:31 pm

I listen to queen Claude speaking to me.
"You are welcome your Grace and i hope that Scotland does not disappoint you in any way.
Regarding your chambers my lady i had arranged for you to stay in royal chambers next to those of Henry and Anne yet for some reason something has gone wrong and i shall find out please forgive me.

I blush at her comment about me.
"Thank you your majesty i am glad to also meet his majesty Henry ii of France brother of my soon to be wife and her mother who is also very pretty.
"I do hope you enjoy your stay and i must say your daughter is magnificent
James Stuart

Male Posts : 64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:35 pm

"Forgive me mother i was just listening to king James.
"Your dress is truly spectacular and i am sure you will look superb at the feast this evening.
"I have arranged mother for you to have your very own designers and seamstresses for you upon our return to France
Henry II of France

Male Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:03 pm

You look magnificent my king. I see your bastard was also invited. Your nephew has lowered his standards of who he invited I see.
Anne Boleyn

Female Posts : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fitzroy on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 pm

I overhear my father and his wife and I roll my eyes. I wait for my aunt Margaret to arrive as I wanted to talk to her as I haven't seen her yet.
Henry Fitzroy

Male Posts : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:44 pm

"Thank you Anne and yes i told Fitzroy to stay behind but yes it seems James does not know what to do.
I see you are wearing some of the pretty jewels i bought you
Henry VIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Tudor on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:57 pm

I walk to my chambers to dress for the banquet.
I had decided on a dress of forest green, with lace cuffs.
I allowed one of my maids to place a gem-encrusted simple crown upon my head, fit for a dowager Queen.
I motioned them away and left my chambers.

Leaning against the wall was my nephew, Henry Fitzroy.
He sees me and I smile warmly at him.
Bastard or not, he is my nephew and he and James spent much time together.
Margaret Tudor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:43 am

I incline my head to James. "I am most pleased to hear that my Madeline has made a good impression upon Your Grace. I am so looking forward to you becoming my son. France and Scotland will become powerful countries."

James and Henry bow and both leave the room.
I take once last look at my reflection in the burnished mirror and declare myself ready.

I leave my chambers and head to the banquet hall. I can already hear laughter coming from the room.
I entered the room and stood still , in shock.
There, seated at the main table, in a seated that should have been set aside for the mother of the bride, sat Anne Boleyn.
In a beautiful BLUE dress and at once I know that I have been betrayed.
Anne must have felt my presence because she stopped laughing and turned in my direction, a cruel and triumphant smile upon her face .

Oh, no, I thought. You will not get me to show my anger. You will not get what you want.

I force myself to smile warmly. "Your Grace, I must say that you look beautiful in your gown. "
Claude of France

Female Posts : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:06 pm

I enter the great hall and take my place next to Anne who looked stunning in her new gown.
"You look more beautiful than ever Anne
Henry VIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 am

Thank you Henry you look great too. And Claude wherever did you get your gown? It looks beautiful and hides fact that you've had more children then your living ones. His a shame of losing your children and all.
Anne Boleyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fitzroy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:59 am

Smiles back at my Aunt. I wanted to ask you if you could talk to your son about me possibly extending my visit as I haven't seen either of you much since father has found himself in love with Anne
Henry Fitzroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:34 pm

"You are most welcome Anne.
I take my seat next to her and i kiss her softly and feel stomach.
"He feels strong Anne"
"I chose this red colour tonight as you always said you liked red Anne.
I then turn to Claude.
"Your gown does look great your Grace
Henry VIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 am

I look Anne straight in her eyes. I can sense my son tense up, ready to defend my honor and the honor of his dead siblings.
I look at her until her smug smile fades.

"Thank you, Anne, " I say. She refused me my title, then I shall repay in kind.:
" King Henry had my dress made for me. "Tis a wonderful feeling when your child grows into a strong and compassionate man. As for my "dead" children, I find it odd that you would mention them. After all, King Henry of England has six children in the grave. Children that he wanted very much. Thanks be to God that he has proved that he is fertile with  Princess Mary and Henry Fitzroy. "
Anne's smug face now reddens and I revel in my triumph.
I know allow a sweet smile as  I seat myself upon my seat > a seat that was placed further down the table than it should be while Anne sat at the head of the table.

"Speaking of Henry's children, how fares your sister,Mary, and HER two children> it must be a comfort to him to know that he has such strong and handsome children."

I lift my goblet and smile at Henry Tudor : it's hard to tell if he angry at my words or ashamed of Anne's.
" And how IS the Princess Mary? I hear that she has grown into quite the beauty. France has many handsome young nobles that would be honored to court her."

I lift my goblet to my lips, looking at Anne.
Well I know of her hatred of Mary and of Fitzroy and of the two children that Mary Boleyn is rumored to have borne Henry Tudor.

I could tell her that perhaps the loss of those six babes were due to Henry, that the Tudors do not come from sturdy stock.
I could plant the idea in her mind that many things can happen to a pregnant woman, especially a Queen.
Certain herbs slipped into foods, a slippery stair >things that can end a bloodline.

Yet, I do not wish that on her.
Yes, I hate her with a passion but as a mother, one who had buried many children, I could not wish harm upon her or any child she would bear.

I placed the goblet down. "And may I compliment you on your gown, Anne.  Such a lovely shade of blue. As always, your taste in fashion is impeccable."

I look at Henry Fitzroy. "Why, Lord Henry, you have grown into such a handsome young man. And how fares your mother, Bessie? "
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Tudor on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:55 am

Shame.

I can feel it cover my body.
To think that a Queen of France would be insulted in such a way!
And by my brother's wife, no less!

The Court of France were guests here and Anne has insulted not only the country but my son's soon-to-be mother.
I look at my brother.
Surely, he can speak to her.
I can see his jaw is clenched > A sure sign of his anger but I didn't know if that anger was aimed at Claude or at Anne.

I must admit : Claude of France was a force to be reckoned with .
Even when Anne had mentioned the children that Claude had lost, she merely gave her tit for tat and Anne did not like that.
But how could Henry allow her to say such a vile thing?
He, who had begged God and prayed for a healthy child only to have six tiny graves to show for it?
And I,myself, visited the Stuart crypt to weep over those five little tombs: Did Anne even care that her words would wound me so?

Henry of France arched an eyebrow at Anne, his face a mask of concealed disgust.
With one word, he could call off this wedding and sail back to France with his sister AND her large dowry : A dowry that Scotland desperately needed.  

And all because Henry couldn't keep control of his wife.

"Oh, Henry, " I thought. " If you do not rein her in, Anne will make you a laughingstock throughout all the courts of Europe. They will call you "The King Who Cannot Control His Wife".

"Why, Lord Henry, you have grown into such a handsome young man. And how fares your mother, Bessie? ". I heard Claude ask my nephew.

I smile at my nephew, placing my hand on top of his. "Yes, Henry is certainly handsome. I used to enjoy when his father would send him for the summers in order to grow close to James. They were like brothers.,"I saw proudly.
Margaret Tudor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:16 am

My sisters children are fine they're with her and their father William Carey. As far as Mary Tudor and Fitzroy they're bastard and won't be marrying nobles. I look down at where Fitzroy is sitting and I say loudly "Henry darling can you tell your bastard to sit up straight amongst nobles he's embarrassing us"
Anne Boleyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fitzroy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:30 am

I ignore Anne as I know she's just trying her best to insult everyone. I bow my head to Queen Claude. Mother is well. She's busy playing mother to three more children by her husband Gilbert. I then turn to my aunt and smile warmly. If father okays it can I stay a few weeks longer I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. My voice drops to a whisper and it's his decision alone not his whores
Henry Fitzroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 am

I look towards Fitzroy
"Henry sit up straight at once and stop embarrassing England.
If you carry on Fitzroy you will not be staying here but returning home."
I turn back to Anne.
"You are so beautiful Anne
Henry VIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 am

I look at Henry Tudor.
There was a time he would have cut out the tongue of anyone who would have said such things about Henry Fitzroy.
And Mary?
I well remember how he loved the little Princess and the way he showed her off at The Field of The Cloth Of Gold.
Now, he allows this harpy to lead him around by the balls.

He just sits there, unable to let go go of her claw....I mean, hand.
Oh, how the courts of Europe will love this news.

I smile at Fitzroy. "Well, then, since the King can only forbid the marriage of a Peer,and since Anne says that neither Mary or Fitzroy are able to marry nobility , then Anne Boleyn has just stated that Mary Tudor and Henry Fitzroy are not bound by the King's law as far as marriage. Therefore, I extend to you, Fitzroy, an invitation to France. "
I smile at the handsome man. " Off hand, I know of three Duchesses that are newly widowed. One is quite beautiful and young. In fact, I would name myself your godmother and will , myself, grant you a title and lands."

I turn to my son. "Your Majesty, you were saying this morning how witty and smart Fitzroy is. Would he not be the most wonderful asset to your court?"

I pick up my spoon to begin eating the bowl of soup set before me. "Of course," I continue. " You have the final say, Your Majesty. Unlike England, France has only one King and he speaks for Crown and Country."
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 am

As Rosette

I have heard of it.
The entire castle has heard of it.
How Anne of England offered 10 pieces of gold for whoever would tell her of the color of Queen Claude's dress and to make sure that my gracious Queen would be housed in a lesser chamber and seated lower at the table.
But I know my Queen.
She will rise above this pettiness and Anne will end up looking like the stupid chit she is.
But I am not Queen Claude.
I do not forget an injury.
With a whisper here and a promise there, I have found the name of the servant who so betrayed my Queen.
Little does that servant know what lies in store.....

I have also heard- from Anne's own servants,to less- that she is not loved by the people of England.
And that she has gotten the King so wrapped up in lust that he has declared Princess Mary a bastard!

As I sit in the kitchen chambers with other servants who aren't serving dinner, I see the servant enter the kitchens and grab a bowl and a chunk of bread and sit directly across from me.
For all they know, I am merely Rosette, a simple servant girl who is just here to assist the ladies-in-waiting to Queen Claude and to assist this castle.

The servant lifts up her spoon and loudly slurps her soup. She catches my eye and tears off a piece of bread and asks," Are ye one of the French maids here to help?" I try to duck the flying pieces of bread as she speaks with her mouth full.

"Yes, I am called Rosette. And you are?"

She shrugs and a lank of greasy hair slips from her cap. " My name is Morag. I've been here for a year working in the castle. "

Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:10 am

I look at my mother.
"Yes indeed lord Fitzroy would be most welcomed into the French court and there are many fine young ladies who would be happy to be his wife
Henry II of France

Male Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:47 pm

I smile brightly at Fitzroy.
"There," I say. " You have an open invitation to France. I will name myself your Godmother and grant you a title and lands. Of course, your mother and stepfather and siblings will all be welcomed to visit."

Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am

Looks angrily at them as I speak calmly. My husband and I have already found a suitable match for Fitzroy.
Anne Boleyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fitzroy on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 am

Sits upwards at my father's request as I smirk at Anne I answer queen Claude and king Henry. I would love to come to court if father permits it of course.
Henry Fitzroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:24 pm

I look quite shocked at the monarchs of France.
"Your majesties Henry can visit France but he is to be married as i have already found a suitable match for him but he is welcome to visit France
Henry VIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:25 am

I smile at Henry Tudor.
" How wonderful! And which lucky lady have you chosen for your son? "

It is as thought I could almost feel the daggers that Anne is shooting at me with her eyes.
Let her.
I am more than happy to keep my questions directed at the King of England.
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next