King's Reception Room

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: King's Reception Room

Post by Henry II of France on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 am

I was on my Paris trip and i write a letter to my mother.

"My dearest mother.

I have safely arrived in France and i am now meeting with the people i came to see i will be on my way back k to Versailles come the morning.

I had a horrible dream last night about Katherine Tudor being poisoned and dying by Medicis hand and because of this i would like her protected at all times with constant guard changes.

As for Catherine Medici i wish after all that she has done that you personally have Catherine tortured after everything she has done but make sure her hands remained tied as i wish for her to suffer pain.

What other news from France dear mother"

Your truly

Your son

King Henry
Henry II of France
Henry II of France

Male Posts : 164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 am

In the afternoon of that day our English ships had begun to arrive at the French port of Bordeaux and i was on board the royal barge with my husband king Henry and we had sent word forward to Versailles that we would be arriving.

Anne Boleyn
Admin

Female Posts : 128

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 am

I smiled at my wife as we approached the French shore to stay in France for a while to see my daughter crowned queen.

I had arranged for word to be sent to Versailles as we approached and we had indeed gathered a large retinue to stay in France and the royal barge now came to a halt on the shore.

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

Male Posts : 640

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 am

I followed Vincent to The Cells.
He allowed me to pass thru the door, holding the torch so that I could see.
He motioned to a cell to my right.
"This is her cell, Your Grace."

I stood in front of the bars.
There, in the corner, sat Catherine .
Her once carefully coiffed hair now hung in greasy locks and her once beautiful gown of daffodil yellow was smudged with blood and dirt and God knows what else.
Her eyes were closed but I could tell by her breathing that she wasn't asleep.

"Catherine," I said coldly.
Her eyes opened and widened when she saw it was me.
At once, tears filled her eyes and she scampered to the bars.
"Oh, Your Grace," she cried. " Tell me that you have forgiven me! " She looked at my bandaged hand. " Forgive me, Mother! In my anger, I lashed out at you! It's just that my love for Henry and for you is so great, that when I realized that ...."

"Enough!" I shouted.
" And I am not your mother. Oh, when you first arrived, I admit that nothing would have given me more pleasure to see you become Queen. "

"What has changed?!," She cried . "I only want to be his wife and your daughter! That Tudor bastard tricked him! No doubt she told him that she is with child to trap him! Can't you see ? She is a wicked agent of her father, the great Henry Tudor? He will do anything to gain France!"
She tried to reach out for me but I was not close enough.
"But, together,"she continued. "Together, we can stop him! I will give you grandsons to rule the world!"

I arched an eyebrow. "Shall I tell you of the reports about you? How , while in Rome, you beat and disfigured your maids on a whim? How you had stable-boys whipped because you said they were forward with your person? That no family wanted their daughters to follow you to France because of this and that the Pope had to promise wealth to the fathers and mothers?"

"Grandsons?", I sneered. "Your heart is blackened and wicked and I am sure that your womb is the same. No, my son shall marry Katherine Tudor and SHE will give me grandsons."

"NO!," she screeched, sounding like a madwoman. "I will kill that bitch before she can even make it to the marriage bed ! I shall poison her food so that any monster lying in her womb becomes bloody and dislodged! I am Catherine Medici and I shall not be set aside for a bastard born!"
"And when my uncle the Pope hears of how I have been beaten and starved , he will send the might of Rome against this country and hand your son by his balls and I shall drink the blood of Katherine!"

I felt,rather than saw, Vincent grip the handle of his sword.
"Say the word, Your Grace," he rasped. "And I shall send back to Rome in pieces."

I shook my head.
"No, I have a better idea."
"Catherine Medici, " I announced. " You have been beaten because you refused to tell where your box of poisons are and because you resisted the guards. You have had food brought to you, three times a day, yet you have either spit or pissed in it.You were offered a lady maid for your confinement but the only one who volunteered, you threw a bowl of steaming soup in her face. No thanks to you, she will not scar but no other woman will agree to attend you as befitting your station."

"As for the Pope, after his envoy returned with copies of the reports and the charges, he has sent a letter denouncing you as witch and harridan. Besides, the might of Rome?," I laughed.
"Perhaps a thousand years ago, Rome was a force but now, it's just an old man in an old Church."
I smiled slightly.
"But, for your punishment, I have decided that who better to avenge Katherine Tudor than The British Lion himself?"
Catherine's eyes grew wide while I turned to one of the guards.

"King Henry of England should be arriving here soon." I handed him a sealed message." Please, give this to him. It will entail every report and the threats that Lady Catherine has made against Katherine Tudor. I'm sure that the British Lion and the Lion of France will be eager to ........visit with Lady Catherine."

"Nooo," she wailed as she sank to the ground. "Please, anything but....."

I looked at her in disgust. "By the time the two Lions get to The Cells, you may wish for some of your poison for yourself. "

And with a turn, I walked away from her cell and out of the dungeons.
Claude of France
Claude of France

Female Posts : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 pm

"I had arrived with my wife in France and we arrived in the courtyard at Versailles and i sent word forward to notify Queen Claude of our arrival whilst helping my wife out of carriage

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:58 am

I stood in the courtyard and watched as Henry of France helped Anne from the royal carriage.
I smiled at the couple as they walked towards me.
I curtsied to them both ."
"Welcome to France , Your Majesties. The entire court, nay, the entire country bid you welcome ."
I took Anne's hands in mine.
"Of course, the entire court is excited to see their favorite English lady return to the place that loved her so well," I said earnestly.
"You left Lady Anne but you return to us as a great Queen."
I turned to Henry.
"I hope the voyage was a pleasant one, Your Grace."
I motioned the many servants behind me.
"These servants shall attend to your retinue and luggage. I have ordered to Royal Apartments of the central wing to be prepared for you. As I know that you must be tired, I have also ordered a light repast of luncheon to be ready in your rooms."
I winked at Anne. "You will find that your costumes are ready in your rooms. The ball shall be in 6 hours. I do hope that is enough time for all of you to be ready."
Claude of France
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 am

Katherine heard her father and Anne his new wife was here she and her ladies come quickly down the hallway to the courtyard. As they reached the courtyard and slow down and slowly walked out into the courtyard. "Your majesties." She said to them softly as she and her ladies curtsy to them.
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor

Female Posts : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:10 am

As we arrived at Versailles the first to greet us was my daughter the future queen of France.

"Katherine my dear it is good to see you. You look more beautiful than ever today my girl. How are things in France here for you?

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 am

As i arrived with my husband and i was ordering my ladies to get our things i see Henry speaking with his daughter Katherine. I come over to greet her as well.

"You must be Katherine Tudor my lady. We are looking forward to your marriage Katherine.

May i ask my dear have you seen queen Claude for she i believe is expecting us?

Anne Boleyn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:19 am

As i finished speaking with my daughter i see queen Claude and all the servant approaching.

She asks me a question and then i answer.

"Our journey was quite safe thank you your Grace. Myself and Anne are both quite tired today so if it is okay with your Grace we should like to be shown to our chambers?".

"Your hospitality is most generous your Grace we thank you and we shall enjoy it as well.

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:27 am

I had my own question answered when queen Claude was approaching and curtsied to us.

She took my hand and then i spoke.

"We are honoured to be here in France and it seems to long since i was last here many years ago. How have things been in France my good friend?"

"I am sure our chambers will be very suitable and to our liking. We look forward to taking part in the masquerade you have planned as well your Grace.
Will your son be joining us this evening?

Anne Boleyn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:31 pm

She placed her hand on her belly smiling.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:46 pm

"You are with child already i see Katherine i am so proud of you

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 am

I smile at Katherine.
"Yes, she will give my grandchildren that shall light the world afire with their strength and courageousness. A child born of two such powerful families shall have the world as their oyster."
I turned back to Anne.
" Your costumes are ready for your inspection. Please, ask the servants if you require anything else. Several members of the court are looking forward to seeing you again. We are so happy that you have returned to the court that loves you."

I looked at Henry. " The King should be arriving any moment. Did you receive my message, Your Grace?"
Claude of France
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine of Medici on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:07 am

I sat in the dark, dank cell that imprisoned me.
ME!
Like I was some common peasant.
I thought back to the words the Dowager Queen said to me.

Yes, I did cut the beautiful golden tresses of one of my maids because I caught her smiling at one of the more handsome guards.
Vanity is a sin.

Yes, I burned the hand of another maid with hot iron because she ate an extra biscuit.
Gluttony is a sin.

Yes, I had a stable hand whipped because he smiled at me. SMILED at his better.
Lust is a sin.

The guard came to my cell and shoved a bowl thru the slot.
" Dinner, milady," he said.

I walked to the bars of the cell and took the bowl.
It was a bowl of steaming hot stew.
I smiled at the guard.
" Kind sir," I simpered. " Where are the Queen and His Majesty. I do believe that they would not be happy with my being fed this...this slop."
The guard blushed slightly. He was young. This was probably his first week working as such.
"The food is what the kitchen prepares for pr.... guests in The Cells. ." He was going to say prisoner but stopped himself in time.

"I assure you, milady, the food is quite good and tasty and filling."

I tilted my head slightly and widened my eyes.
" And The King? Where is he? I must admit that I am a bit hurt that he has allowed me, his betrothed, to wallow here when I am innocent."

The guard looked uncomfortable.
"His Grace the King and his lady mother are welcoming The King and Queen of England."

I stilled.
"Henry Tudor and the Great Whore are here? Why ?"

The guard shifted on his feet uncomfortably.
" I'm not certain , milady. But I think that it has something to do with Lady Katherine."

Before I could even stop myself, I hurled the bowl towards the bars, the steaming stew hitting the guard in the face.
His screams of pain echoed as three other guards ran to my cell.
The young guard was on his knees, screaming in pain as the stew streamed down his face.
His face, which had been smoothed and handsome just moments before, was blood red and blisters started to appear .

One of the guards grabbed the young man, trying to help him to his feet while the other one glared at me in suppressed rage.
"You miserable bitch of a whore!," he yelled. " No wonder the King wants nothing to do with you!"
He watched as the other guard helped the young guard to his feet. He looked at the guard who had dared slander me as a bitch.
"I'm taking young Phillipe to the court physician. You send for Sir Vincent." and then he walked up the stairs and out of The Cells.
The remaining guard glared at me.
" I'll be sending for Sir Vincent," he sneered. " Let's see if he can make you behave."
With those words, he turned on his heel and left.

My heart began to pound in fear.
Sir Vincent...
That great hulking beast of a man bore me no great love and I knew that he would not take mercy on me.
Catherine of Medici
Catherine of Medici

Female Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:09 am

I smiled as Queen Claude greeted us.

"It shall indeed your Grace be a most splendid day for both of our families when the child is born and let us pray it is a son for your Henry he would then have his heir." I say

I then turn to her again as she asked me another question.
"I am afraid we have been so busy with our own matters and with travelling here to France that i am afraid i received no message from you my lady. Please may i ask what the message was?

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:14 am

I listen to what queen Claude said before i myself spoke.

"I will look forward to viewing the costumes that have been made and i do hope that all of my required specifications i requested have been added to them.

Should i require anything your Grace I shall ask for it.

I am most honoured to be back in France the home that welcomed me when i was a child and this palace is truly magnificent as well.

Anne Boleyn
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:28 pm

Katherine smiles."Your majesties. I have seen the doctor they say son." She said to them softly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:06 pm

"That is such wonderful news Katherine have you told Henry and his mother of this great news" i say to her looking towards queen Claude

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:30 am

I smiled at her.
"This is indeed happy news, my child!," I lean forward and kissed both her cheeks.
" You must be the one who tells the father of the little lion," I said.
I released her and turned to Henry Tudor.
" A word,Your Grace?" and I indicated to a corner that was far away enough to not be overheard.

He followed me and looked at me in question.

I took a deep breath.
"The message I sent you was about the Pope's niece, Catherine. When she found out about Henry and your Katherine, she went......insane. She spoke of threats to the King and to myself. She even attacked me." I lifted up my bandaged hand.
His eyes widened in shock.

" I had my spies here and in Rome find out the background of the girl. Not only was she cruel and sadistic to others, she was also schooled in the fine art of poison."

"She is currently being held in The Cells because of her threats against my son and your daughter and for also not revealing where she has hidden her complete box of poison. We have no idea which servants she has been able to sway to her doing so she can rot there for all I care."

Oh, he was angry. His normally beautiful blue eyes were turning into the shade of a storm at sea and his strong jaw was clenched.

I rushed to soothe him.
"I have visited her in The Cells and she is still adamant that she will harm Katherine. And now that you are here and Anne is with child as well, I wish to surround them both with the elite guards from the King's personal and private guard led by Sir Vincent.
As you know, Sir Vincent has been trained by the most lethal assassins of three kingdoms. You and your Queen shall also have private tasters for any food or drink."

Henry Tudor was many, many things but a coward was not one of them.
His wife, his daughter as well as the babes they carried were being threatened and Henry would kill anyone that tried to do them harm.
He may be the King of England but now, standing before me, he was The Lion Of England.

"When I visited that bitch in The Cells, I told her that any further punishment will come from the Lion of France and the Lion of England. That the two Henrys may make her wish to take her own poison."

"The Pope has threatened to excommunicate the entire country if we do not proceed with Henry marrying that black-hearted bitch. Should that come to pass, I must ask you : Will England stand with us?"
Claude of France
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:17 am

I listened hard as Claude spoke to me.

"How dare that bitch threaten my wife and daughter and even attacked you? I will not stand for that
I do thank you and yes i would want guards around both my wife and daughter and before myself or queen Anne eat i would like the best tasters you have here at court for fear of secret poisons.

One thing i would like is for her to be punished further. You say she has her own box of poison then i would like you to have Catherine tortured in the little manner first to reveal it's whereabouts." I say before answering her last question.

"I can promise you now my lady that should Time threaten France then England will support France and you will have ships and armies on land too as support. France is close to the heart of my wife and so is a friend to England"

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:08 am

I released a breath I didn't know that I was holding.
Although I did not wish to break with the Church, I refused to have a man in robes force my son in marriage to a madwoman.

I inclined my head .
" I shall see that it is done."

At that moment , a servant ran to me , bearing a message.
I quickly scanned.
Henry looked at me in question.

I sighed.
"It seems that Catherine has thrown steaming stew into the face of one of the guards when he told her that my son wouldn't see her. He lives but it is feared that he will be scarred."

I gave a slight curtsy.
" If you will excuse me, Your Grace. Sir Vincent has been sent for and I need to speak to him."

Minutes later

As Vincent

I stood before Cahterine's cell, watching her as she sat huddled on the ground. Her eyes were filled with tears and her shoulders shook.
I imagined that she thought to sway my sympathies to her.
I snickered.
My sympathies were only for France and the Royal family.

She looked at me, imploring me to offer just a slice of pity.
"Please, sire," she cried. " I am being held here unfairly! This is all a misunderstanding ! If only I could speak to Henry...."

"SILENCE!," I roared. "Shut your lying shit mouth, you miserable slut!"

For a moment, her pride flared in her eyes.
"How dare you!," she yelled. "You..."
I nodded to the jailer and he unlocked the cell.
I walked into the cell and the shut it firmly behind me.
"Be a good lad," I told him. " Go and eat your supper. I shall interrogate the prisoner.
Catherine's eyes widened in fear. "No !," she screamed, scrambling to a corner.

The guard stood still.
" Did you hear me,boy?! I said MOVE!"
The guard took off running around the corner.

Catherine shook her head. "No, please, sir, I beg you! Mercy!" She cried , her tears and snot running down her face.

I knelt slightly.
"Mercy? ," I asked. "You ask for mercy? What mercy did you show to your servants? What mercy were you going to show my king? What mercy did you show Queen Claude when you bit her to the bone?"

I stood and grabbed her by her throat, dragging her to the wall where the shackles were.
I forced her wrist into the shackles and raised the chain until her arms were suspended above her head.

"You will tell me where you hid your poisons. You will tell me who you have in your employ to carry out your orders. you will tell me everything I want to know."< I said calmly.

For a moment, she gathered her pride and glared at me.
"And if I refuse? ," she asked.

I smiled at her.
"I'm hoping you do."

Her eyes widened and she strained against the shackles.

I pulled my knife from my cloak and showed it to her.

"Did you know that many men name their weapons?, " I asked, my tone light.
" I named my sword Heart Eater. My mace is name Soul Crusher. But this," I indicated my dagger. "This, milady, is named Blood Drinker because that is what it craves. Blood."

I placed the blade next to her check.
"I am going to ask you a questions. For every answer that displeases me or that is a lie, I shall slice a piece of your fair skin off."

I leaned closer.
"Now, where is your box of poisons?"
" I ... I have no..."
Her scream pierced thru the Cells as I slice off a piece of skin from her cheek. Blood poured from the wound as I held up the piece of flesh in front of her eyes.
" It's true what they say about a lady's skin. So smooth and soft. Blood Drinker sliced thru it like a hot blade thru butter."

I placed the skin on the small table in the cell.
"Now, milady, where are the poisons?"

"You bastard! My uncle , The Pope, will kill..."

Another slice of skin and another scream.
"Milady, I do believe I explained how this worked. You will tell me . Of that I have no doubt. The only questions is will the table hold more of your skin or your face."

[b]I pulled the table closer to her and undid one of the shackles. She tried to use her hand to slap me but I held it firmly and placed it on the table, my meaty fist holding her hand down.

I placed the dagger against her pinky finger.
"Where is the box?"

The slices on her cheek continued to bleed and her face was pale.
Yet, she stuck her tongue out to lick her lips.
" Katherine Howard's womb will be emptied of that foul beast she carries and I shall take the bloody mess that was once a babe and feed it to Henry Tudor while the great whore Anne Boleyn will watch her unholy monster pour from between her legs!"

In her eyes, there was madness . She mean every word she said.And with those words , she condemned herself.

I called for a guard and the same guard from before appeared, his eyes wide in horror as he saw the blood.

"Bring me The Cat, boy. "

Claude of France
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:33 am

I later go and see queen Claude ahead of the entertainments this evening.

"My lady Claude i do wish to ask when will your son be joining us as i wish to congratulate him for the baby he is to have.

"If Catherine does not reveal the whereabouts of her poison box perhaps my wife Anne could speak with her as she always manages to get an answer.

Your majesty may i say that you do look amazing tonight and i think this entertainment will be exquisite. I trust that Anne have you name of God i am playing today.?

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:41 am

I smiled.
Yes, Anne Boleyn would be just the person to bring Catherine to new heights of fear.

"Henry," I said. "Sir Vincent has interrogated the prisoner as requested. Her left cheeks is lightened by a few strips of flesh and The Cat O Nines have been administered to her back for 13 lashes."

"Of course, Queen Anne is more than welcomed to question the prisoner as long as Sir Vincent and several guards are with her."
Claude of France
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 am

"She must be a strong prisoner if she still refuses to reveal it's whereabouts the poison box i mean." I say signalling for Anne to come over.

Henry VIII
Henry VIII
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next