King's Reception Room

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Re: King's Reception Room

Post by Henry II of France on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 am

I was on my Paris trip and i write a letter to my mother.

"My dearest mother.

I have safely arrived in France and i am now meeting with the people i came to see i will be on my way back k to Versailles come the morning.

I had a horrible dream last night about Katherine Tudor being poisoned and dying by Medicis hand and because of this i would like her protected at all times with constant guard changes.

As for Catherine Medici i wish after all that she has done that you personally have Catherine tortured after everything she has done but make sure her hands remained tied as i wish for her to suffer pain.

What other news from France dear mother"

Your truly

Your son

King Henry
Henry II of France

Male Posts : 154

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Boleyn on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 am

In the afternoon of that day our English ships had begun to arrive at the French port of Bordeaux and i was on board the royal barge with my husband king Henry and we had sent word forward to Versailles that we would be arriving.
Anne Boleyn

Female Posts : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 am

I smiled at my wife as we approached the French shore to stay in France for a while to see my daughter crowned queen.

I had arranged for word to be sent to Versailles as we approached and we had indeed gathered a large retinue to stay in France and the royal barge now came to a halt on the shore.
Henry VIII

Male Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France Yesterday at 2:25 am

I followed Vincent to The Cells.
He allowed me to pass thru the door, holding the torch so that I could see.
He motioned to a cell to my right.
"This is her cell, Your Grace."

I stood in front of the bars.
There, in the corner, sat Catherine .
Her once carefully coiffed hair now hung in greasy locks and her once beautiful gown of daffodil yellow was smudged with blood and dirt and God knows what else.
Her eyes were closed but I could tell by her breathing that she wasn't asleep.

"Catherine," I said coldly.
Her eyes opened and widened when she saw it was me.
At once, tears filled her eyes and she scampered to the bars.
"Oh, Your Grace," she cried. " Tell me that you have forgiven me! " She looked at my bandaged hand. " Forgive me, Mother! In my anger, I lashed out at you! It's just that my love for Henry and for you is so great, that when I realized that ...."

"Enough!" I shouted.
" And I am not your mother. Oh, when you first arrived, I admit that nothing would have given me more pleasure to see you become Queen. "

"What has changed?!," She cried . "I only want to be his wife and your daughter! That Tudor bastard tricked him! No doubt she told him that she is with child to trap him! Can't you see ? She is a wicked agent of her father, the great Henry Tudor? He will do anything to gain France!"
She tried to reach out for me but I was not close enough.
"But, together,"she continued. "Together, we can stop him! I will give you grandsons to rule the world!"

I arched an eyebrow. "Shall I tell you of the reports about you? How , while in Rome, you beat and disfigured your maids on a whim? How you had stable-boys whipped because you said they were forward with your person? That no family wanted their daughters to follow you to France because of this and that the Pope had to promise wealth to the fathers and mothers?"

"Grandsons?", I sneered. "Your heart is blackened and wicked and I am sure that your womb is the same. No, my son shall marry Katherine Tudor and SHE will give me grandsons."

"NO!," she screeched, sounding like a madwoman. "I will kill that bitch before she can even make it to the marriage bed ! I shall poison her food so that any monster lying in her womb becomes bloody and dislodged! I am Catherine Medici and I shall not be set aside for a bastard born!"
"And when my uncle the Pope hears of how I have been beaten and starved , he will send the might of Rome against this country and hand your son by his balls and I shall drink the blood of Katherine!"

I felt,rather than saw, Vincent grip the handle of his sword.
"Say the word, Your Grace," he rasped. "And I shall send back to Rome in pieces."

I shook my head.
"No, I have a better idea."
"Catherine Medici, " I announced. " You have been beaten because you refused to tell where your box of poisons are and because you resisted the guards. You have had food brought to you, three times a day, yet you have either spit or pissed in it.You were offered a lady maid for your confinement but the only one who volunteered, you threw a bowl of steaming soup in her face. No thanks to you, she will not scar but no other woman will agree to attend you as befitting your station."

"As for the Pope, after his envoy returned with copies of the reports and the charges, he has sent a letter denouncing you as witch and harridan. Besides, the might of Rome?," I laughed.
"Perhaps a thousand years ago, Rome was a force but now, it's just an old man in an old Church."
I smiled slightly.
"But, for your punishment, I have decided that who better to avenge Katherine Tudor than The British Lion himself?"
Catherine's eyes grew wide while I turned to one of the guards.

"King Henry of England should be arriving here soon." I handed him a sealed message." Please, give this to him. It will entail every report and the threats that Lady Catherine has made against Katherine Tudor. I'm sure that the British Lion and the Lion of France will be eager to ........visit with Lady Catherine."

"Nooo," she wailed as she sank to the ground. "Please, anything but....."

I looked at her in disgust. "By the time the two Lions get to The Cells, you may wish for some of your poison for yourself. "

And with a turn, I walked away from her cell and out of the dungeons.
Claude of France

Female Posts : 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry VIII Yesterday at 1:23 pm

"I had arrived with my wife in France and we arrived in the courtyard at Versailles and i sent word forward to notify Queen Claude of our arrival whilst helping my wife out of carriage
Henry VIII

Male Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12