King's Reception Room

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: King's Reception Room

Post by Claude of France on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 am

"Of course, I will attend with you. I am eager to show that dreary island the son and daughter I have brought into this world. "
He smiles at, kisses my hand while he bows over it, and the turns and walks away.

As he leaves the room, my mind starts thinking of possible scenarios.

Henry of England is a king of an island but he was a POWERFUL king.
He was also vain although, I had to admit, he had good cause to be.
He was handsome, talented , and athletic.

When it came to matters of the heart, however, he was lacking.
To set aside Katherine, a Princess of the Blood, for Anne Boleyn.....
I shook my head.
I didn't trust the chit when she was a young girl in my court and I trusted her even less now that she had captured Henry Tudor between her legs.
Anne never forgot a slight or an injury done to her or her pride.
And I never shied away from letting her know of my dislike for her.
After all, this was a woman who was married to the man who had an affair with her SISTER and she thought nothing of setting her cap for Henry.

No, now that she was a Queen, she might well try to entice James to mistreat my daughter in order to get back at me.

I lifted my chin.
I was a Queen of France.
I bore my husband SONS.
And that is one thing that Anne has yet to prove she can do.
I was beloved by the people of France.
I heard that the people hated her. That a mob of women chased her and she had to make her escape by a boat on the Thames.
My family was powerful.
Her family was only powerful due to her uncle, the Duke of Norfolk.

Her motto was "Most Happy".
Mine was "To My Life".
And my children were my life.

Let the Great Whore try to punish my daughter and she would learn just how fierce a lioness is for her cubs.

Claude of France

Female Posts : 67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 am

I returned later that evening to see my mother who had all of her ladies packing bags ready for the journey.
"Mother may i ask have you heard anything from Rosette?
"I need to know i am safe for the journey.
"I dear i have yet to prove myself to the people of France what sort of a king i am by travelling and meeting otgers
Henry II of France

Male Posts : 155

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 pm

I motion for my attendants to leave us alone.
Once we are alone, I pull the encrypted message.
"I received this not three hours ago."
I hand him >I myself taught him the encryption codes.

I see his eyes read over the note.

My dearest Majesty,
I have arrived in Scotland and have presented myself as a simple chamber servant at your request as so not to inconvenience the Scottish court. The Queen Mother is in England but expected to arrive soon now that she has the promise of the King of England to attend the nuptials. Per your orders, I have presented myself as simple and humble girl. The only guests to arrive so far are a certain Viscount Rochford and his wife. He is the brother of Anne Boleyn. When you arrive in Scotland, I would be careful around the Viscount. He is quite handsome but he is also prideful.

Henry looks up from the note at me.
I arch an eyebrow.
"Yes, Henry surrounds himself with the Boleyns. In order to shame or embarrass you, Henry may rely on the George to do such a thing while looking innocent. Best to be wary with all of them. Laugh and drink and make merry. But never let down your guard. Now, best to throw that note into the fire. I have already sent a message to Rosette to become a ghost within the walls of that castle."
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:10 am

"Good idea mother it does appear that these Boleyn's are very high in the king's favourite in England. Thank you for informing me mother.
"I shall mix with the English and Scottish whilst always being aware of my actions.
"Tell me some more mother about this Boleyn girl for i believe she was in France very young i believe
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:32 am

I nodded.
"Yes, she and her sister, Mary, were sent here as young girls. Mary was, to be honest, just a silly girl. Never thought of anything beyond the next ball or the newest dress. She like attention and was quite easily seduced. She even was your father's mistress for a time."
I look and see the shock and outrage in his face.
" No, it wasn't like that, Henry. Your father was a man of many appetites. He had a weakness for women. Mary did not sleep with him in order to hurt me. She was just unable to resist him. She felt quite distraught after the deed was done and begged my forgiveness.  To her it was merely pleasure and she had no thought to usurp my place. Again, at heart, she was a simple creature. "
I sat down on one of the luxurious chairs that were a gift from a sultan of the Ottoman Empire and motioned for him to take the other one. Henry sat down and waited for me to finish.
" Mary Boleyn was treated as nothing more the pretty, empty-headed that she was was. But she was never cruel or mean or spiteful. I was sorry to see her return to England."

"What of Anne?", Henry asked.

I took a deep breath.
"Anne Boleyn was entirely different. She was smart and witty. She took every opportunity to advance herself and she cared not who was caught in her sights. She would flirt and promise with her eyes yet never follow thru. She never passed the chance to prove how witty she was. She could charm the birds from the skies .
While not classically beautiful as Mary, she would give the illusion of beauty. Her style of dress would compliment her complexion, she washed her hair with the purest rainwater and brushed it until it shown like black silk. Men of the court would flock to her, promising her jewels and treasures. But Anne The Proud would never  lower herself to merely a mistress. In order to remind her of her station in life, I would rebuke her. On one occasion, she even caused a young noble to break his betrothal to a sweet young lady because she had once remarked on on Anne's dress in a less than favorable way. Of course, once it was broken, she ignored the young man. I believe that he was disowned by his father and he was sent away. The young lady was so ashamed that she begged to be sent to a nunnery. All of that just because Anne felt that she had been wronged."
In my mind, I could almost see her. Her head thrown back and laughing. Yet the smile never reached her dark eyes.

"Anne, naturally, caught the eye of your father. From that moment, she would never miss the chance to flaunt the fact that he desired her. "
Henry's eyes grew hard. " Even to you?"
I nodded. "Even to me. Your father would ask her to dance and she would make sure that I would see him take her in his arms. If he complimented  her, she would thank him and then smile at me in triumph."

"Did he... did they...," Henry began.

I shook my head. "No, never. As I said,  Anne would never be content with just being a mistress. But she couldn't pass up the chance to insult me."  
" When her sister was to be sent back to England, I insisted to your father that she also must go. Of course, Anne didn't want to go. She had, by that time, come to think of herself as more French than English. She even came to me, begged to remain in my court. Told me of the great love she bore me. But never once did she apologize for all the pain she caused.
I cannot lie. I felt an almost perverse pleasure when I told her that there was no place for her here. The moment I said that, the tears dried instantly and she said that once day, she would make sure to repay me."

" But, she cannot hurt me. I was the Queen of France. Beloved by the people and by the court. Most importantly,  I was beloved by your father. Even though he was unfaithful, he never let a mistress feel as though she could take my place. "
I stood up .
"She cannot hurt me but she CAN hurt your sister. She will get her revenge by causing her pain. She's already lead one man to leave his rightful wife and she is not above trying to lead James to do the same the moment the time is right. Or worse, try to have your sister in situation that will cast doubt upon her purity. Oh, it would be quite an accomplishment to have a daughter of Claude painted with the title of whore."

Henry stood up, fire in his eyes. " I will go to war should my sister be abused. I will have Scotland's land run red with blood."
I hurried to sooth him and placed my hand upon his arm.
" That is why I sent Rosette ahead of us. She will know of any plots. She will ingrate herself with the staff and servants. She is our best defense for now.
" I tell you now : We must appear friendly and biddable. For now. But we most also show our strength. We will bear wondrous gifts to show our wealth. For by our display of wealth, we will show that France is a mighty  force."

Henry, my most precious son, nodded and placed a kiss upon my cheek.

"Yes, Marman. We shall keep our friends close but our enemies closer."
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:25 pm

"Gifts it shall be have them prepare the glorious riches of France and we must show this white how powerful we are us French and for her not to cross us.
Any news from Rosette mother?
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 am

I have received a missive this morning.
I hand him the paper.

My Dearest Majesty,
I have made myself as invisible as possible here in the castle. I am in charge in making sure that all is ready for your arrival. As I only speak French to others here, they believe that I cannot speak English or Gaelic. Your Majesty made sure that I learned several languages so that is an advantage.
Couriers from the court of Henry have arrived.
How coarse and vulgar they are!
Even those considered "noble" have the manners of a swineherd. While walking from chapel this morning, Lord Rochford noticed me and motioned him to me. When I obeyed, he whispered if I were already a bed partner. When I gave him a blank stare , he laughed and then switched to French and posed the same question. I meekly told him that I am a maiden in the employ of the great Queen Dowager of France.  
He was standing with one of the Earl of Inverness and then he told the Earl, in English, that I was sure to give him my maidenhead before he left Scotland. To my anger, they both laughed. As  I walked away, he continued to laugh , calling me his French Whore.
I will never understand why anyone would want to go to England.
I did happen to meet one of Anne Boleyn's servant . She was named Celia. When she realized I was from France, she had gall to ask me if it was true if the French bathe in the blood of pigs to mask our body odor.
However, when she learned that we would be sharing a bedchamber, she then asked if I would be able to help her meet her betrothed after hours.
And her betrothed is none other than as servant of Henry of England.
I hope to learn more soon.
The rumor is that Anne has demanded that her chambers be grander than yours or she will not step a foot in Scotland nor will she allow  Henry to do so.
She also is demanding that she and Henry be seated at the highest place of honor at the banquet table.
It is also said that Anne Boleyn will pay 10 gold pieces to anyone that will tell her the color of the gown you will be wearing to the wedding so that she can appear in the color first.
My Queen, I await your instructions and look forward to when  you and our great King to come to Scotland.

Rosette

"She thinks that she can shame me or insult me. Well, my son, let her try.
I am loved by the people of France : It is said that the English women hate her so much that they gathered a mob to go after her and Anne had to sail to safety by a boat on the Thames.
I have a son who is King, sons who are Princes of the Blood, princess who will one day be Queens : What does Anne Boleyn have but another woman's husband?
My friends and allies include Spain, Portugal, Rome, and  even Suliman.
Who does Anne have? Musicians, poor poets, and her brother.
Let her try and she shall see just how base-born and hated she is.
Come! Let us make ready! Tomorrow, we said for Scotland !"
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:12 am

"Let us make ready mother and tomorrow we set sail along with all gifts for Scotland too and see Madeline again.
"It would be honourable to greet King Henry and his queen when they arrive even if we do not like her
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude of France on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:37 am

I smile at him.
"Truly, you are your father's son : Brilliant and cunning. I have chosen to gift their Majesties of Scotland with the most beautiful six horses from our stables. They are pure white with silvery manes and tails. And for Henry and his.....bride....," I choked out the word. "I have had our most skilled artisans craft the most beautiful clock made with crystal, marble, and pearls. Perhaps , Anne Boleyn will look at the clock and worry about just how much time she has left to present Henry with a legal male heir. Or may hap, the clock will remind her that youth, like time, is fleeting. Then again, maybe she will be alone and count the hours when Henry is away and wonder if his time is being spent with another woman."
Henry threw back his head and laughed. "Marman, how can one gift have so many meanings? "
Claude of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:46 am

"They are wonderful gifts mother and hopefully this will show Anne what is French are like.
"I have arranged that we set sail in the morning for Scotland and then we may present our gifts to everyone.
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:23 am

Katherine Elizabeth Tudor was down the hallway in front of her bedchambers.
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor

Female Posts : 116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 pm

"You look amazing today my dear Katherine
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:46 pm

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."Your majesty." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm

"I do hope that you like the chambers that have been prepared for you.
Please come and be with me tonight Katherine
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:29 am

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."As you wish your majesty." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:47 am

"Thank you i will be waiting in my chambers for your arrival my dear.
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:37 pm

She entered her bedchambers.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:24 pm

"Come Katherine come and sit and make love to me you are so beautiful
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 am

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."Your majesty this my bed chamber." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:39 am

"Does that matter Katherine my love please come let us go in
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:09 pm

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."Your majesty your wife." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:00 pm

"My lady i am not yet married"
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:29 pm

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."Your majesty I thought you where married." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry II of France on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:23 pm

"No i am not married yet my dear".
I moved next to her and whispered in her ear.
"You are such a divine beauty and would make the perfect queen of France.
Henry II of France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Elizabeth Tudor on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:59 pm

She looks to him and curtsy low to him."Your majesty I thought you had a wife to be." She said to him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next